Friday, June 24, 2011

naptime painting

I've always loved an exposed brick wall.  There's just something about the texture, the strength, and the history that enamors me.  I want to live in a big city loft just so I can have one of my own.

{sources 1, 2, 3, 4}

And a brick fireplace?  So charming and cozy.

{sources 1, 2, 3}

But sometimes you get stuck with ugly brick.
Like at our house.
Inside and outside.
It reminds me of a creamsicle.
And not in a good way.

So I'm working on making it less ugly.


Over the next few naptimes I'll have paintbrush in hand, priming and painting our fireplace.

Also,

This weekend we're going to be pulling down our old, rotted fence.  We have new posts and panels being delivered tomorrow.  Hopefully by next weekend we'll have a nice new fence! 

Oh, and Callan is getting his bottom two teeth.  So, that's fun.

Enjoy your weekend!


1 comment: